I’m honored at the prospect of becoming one of your physicians, and am committed to providing you with the best care I can. My hope is that we will form a partnership to get you and keep you as healthy as possible. I will share my medical expertise with you, and I hope that you in turn will take responsibility for working toward the healthy lifestyle that is so important to your well-being. Few of us, me included, always adhere to a completely healthy lifestyle, but each day, we can take a step closer to our goal of excellent health. Your interest in this office lets me know right away how important excellent health is to you.
Probably the most important steps to achieving your goals are the ones that won’t cost any money at all. Don’t ever think that you can neglect them and accomplish the level of health that you seek.
Among these steps are:
- Do not smoke cigarettes or use any other tobacco products. (I can assist you with this)
- Consider the possibility that anything you use in excess or obsess about (alcohol, caffeine, food, drugs, sex, exercise, TV, work) may be an addiction that is affecting your life more than you realize. Talk about it as openly as you can.
- Exercise 3-4 times a week for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Pay attention to stress and tension. Learn to manage and reduce them.
- Drink plenty of good quality water.
- Leave some time in your life to relax regularly.
- Get adequate sleep (about 8 hours) almost every night.
- Discover what spirituality means to you, and practice it.
- Maintain ties with your family, neighbors, co-workers, or your religious community.
If you are having difficulties in any of these areas, it would be important to discuss them with me so that we can work together on the problem areas. They are every bit as important to your health as any physical “medical” concerns we may address together. It will give me great pleasure to work with you on these goals, either through my own expertise, through discussion and exploration, or by referral to other health professionals. Everyone who joins my practice is given a complete physical exam, and lab work is performed as indicated by history. Periodically, we will repeat lab tests to check on our progress.
I look forward to working with you. Please contact our office whenever you would like to talk about anything that may be affecting your health. Let’s work together to help you live the satisfying life that you deserve.
Dr. Robin Ellen Leder